Family Blog

www.jonnyandbrittany.blogspot.com

Favorites

Powered by Blogger.
I'm a Mormon.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Feeling Humbled

I got a letter from my AMAZING sister over in the MTC, trying to comfort me with everything going on. I wrote her in my deepest moments of despair. Feeling there was NO way God loved me. How could he? He didn't even trust me with his children. How can I not get something that was such a righteous desire? I thought he would never give me something I couldn't handle- so why can't I handle this? Why am I in so much pain? I felt so much doubt that week. She wrote me and had some amazing words of wisdom. She shared three sets of scriptures for me to read and I thought I would pass them on. If you are feeling pain and you don't understand why...this will help:

Read Beginning of D&C 121, where the lord counseled Joesph in his trials
Read Alma 31:26-38- focus on vs 36-38
Read on how Christ Received comfort in Gethsemane

My Fav:
D&C 121 v 7-8 "Peace be unto thy soul: Thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment. And then if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high: though shalt triumph over all thy foes."

I know there has to be a reason I am going through this right now. Maybe it's to share my findings and help others, maybe to humble me, or maybe because my babies are super special and are not ready for this life yet. I don't know what it is but I know there is a reason. So I hope these scriptures will help you guys as well- I know they helped me. I know I have A LOT to learn- and I'm praying that the lord will teach me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. It still amazes me how God works. I am currently going through a rough time. Trying to get pregnant, abnormal cycle, feeling like it is never going to happen, trying for almost a year the "natural" way, and not wanting to go through fertility treatments...
    Thank you for these words. Thank you for sharing these scriptures.
    I also want to congratulate you on your own pregnancy. I hope you are nothing but happy when you get to see and hold your own baby.

    ReplyDelete