Family Blog

www.jonnyandbrittany.blogspot.com

Favorites

Powered by Blogger.
I'm a Mormon.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Anatomy Scan

I was EXTREMELY excited/nervous about today's scan. You obviously want to hear that everything is perfect and you are doing a good job of housing the little babe. I got 45 minutes or so to see my little man up on screen- he looked SO big compared to last time and seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen! I couldn't believe you could see his perfect little features! The lady said he was super photogenic and gave me lots of video clips and pics to take home.

Here are a few of my favs :)

His adorable little foot- and yes he had all ten fingers and toes!

His little face! I am in love with his button nose :)

And SUCH a happy boy in there- he decided to throw a big smile our way! haha! This one cracks me up- I can't wait to meet him and know his personality.
Declan sucking his thumb - Makes my heart melt
And his profile!

After the ultrasound I went in to meet with Dr. Huish where I got a half hour lecture on eating everything in sight. He was concerned since I haven't gained any weight since the beginning- said the baby was healthy just stealing all my nutrients (hence the dizzy spells I've been getting as of late.) Eating more I can handle- I am still throwing up though and dry heaving which makes the weight gain a bit difficult. I was SOOOO grateful he is measuring EXACT to where he should be though!

He then told me he wanted to see me again in 2 weeks and then 2 weeks after that for another ultrasound. I got a bit worried just because I knew this was supposed to be the final ultrasound given and usually he would need to see my for a regular visit a month later. He told me NOT to worry- that he has seen this before but he found that one kidney was a bit smaller than the other and he also found a spot on his heart that he wanted to keep an eye on. He said some long name that I of course have NO clue of. I was still on cloud nine from seeing my boy and didn't even THINK to ask more questions. All I heard was "Don't worry" "It's gonna be fine." Hours later I decided to research online (NEVER a good idea people!) AND NOW- I'm starting to worry.

I read the kidney thing and wasn't too concerned. I did read a few women that were told that and then their son had some discomfort occasionally from it. My concern was more the heart. It can cause a higher risk of down syndrome which I chose and still choose to not test for at this point. I really know nothing about this spot and need to just take a chill pill till my next ultrasound- and just remember this means ANOTHER ultrasound to see my little boy! So for now- I am TRYING not to worry myself.

And now- a few video clips of little Declan (Don't worry they're short) I just couldn't resist showing him off!

I am guessing he is Nombing down on his amniotic fluid- lol


Little Wiggle Worm

Him in 3d :)


I'm such a proud Mommy!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. You got some incredible pictures of your little man! Soooo exciting! And I'm just so happy for you! It doesn't sound like the doctor was too worried which is a good sign, but I think it's only natural for a mama to be worried. And believe me, the worry never stops! It's one of the greatest parts of being a mom. :) So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great pictures of little Declan!!! I am glad to hear the doctor is not worried. You are doing a great job, momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures of little Declan!!! I am glad to hear the doctor is not worried. You are doing a great job, momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. im jealous of how many times you've gotten ultrasounds! so fun. i can't tell you how excited i am for him to be here!! love ya britt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, such cute pictures! I'm sorry you have to have even the tiniest bit of worry, but I think it's a great sign that your doctor isn't worried. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY a lil boy. It has to feel SO good knowing what your having, and make your connection to your baby even stronger :) I have to wait 5 more weeks to find out, but I have an ultrasound on Wednesday, and am hoping that they can tell me then.
    If your doctor isn't worried... then I am not worried. You will feel so much better when you get the next ultrasound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pic of him smiling is darling :) Ultrasounds are my favorite! Getting closer every day to seeing him in person and i can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that smiling pic, and the thumb sucking too. How adorable! I'm sure he will be fine. For sure don't research on the internet!!!! Way too many horror stories that will get you all worked up for nothing.

    ReplyDelete