Family Blog

www.jonnyandbrittany.blogspot.com

Favorites

Powered by Blogger.
I'm a Mormon.

Monday, January 2, 2012

18 Weeks 1 day and the Beginning of 2012

I must say I am THRILLED to be starting this year with all the exciting changes happening in our family! I have 154 days left till I get to meet my little son. This pregnancy may not have been easy each and every day- but I will say that I would do it all over again times a billion to have this baby boy. I am already in love with this little man.

He is finally making himself known by moving all around in my belly - he feels like an active one now! My hubby still can't feel it yet but I'm sure that's to come in the next few weeks- something we are looking forward to. :) It puts a HUGE smile on my face every time I feel him moving around. Right now I can usually only feel him for a few minutes at a time a few times a day- hopefully as he gets bigger it will be easier to tell.

My husband and my 8 year anniversary is coming up here pretty soon here. Every year this brought on a lot of bittersweet feelings- it was a reminder each year that I STILL wasn't pregnant. It hurt so bad because I would do ANYTHING to be in this position right now. As you can see from my background story- we tried a REALLY long time. I read a story today about a woman who went into pre term labor at 18 weeks (SAME amount of pregnancy as me) and lost her little boy. She was so positive and so sweet and grateful for the time she got to hold her little boy. This reminded me how fragile life really is and to NEVER take one moment for granted. Point is- I tried a long time for this baby- I am truly grateful for every moment with this baby- even the hard ones.

Now onto Exciting things:

How Far Along: 18 weeks (ALMOST HALF WAY!!!!!) 22 Weeks LEFT

Baby Update:

Every week I get SO excited to see how much my little Declan has grown from all these awesome websites out there.

*Declan is now 5.6 inches long (He is as big as a bell pepper!)

*He weighs a whopping 6.7 ounces! (Over Half a pound and continuing to gain weight)

* He's yawning, hiccupping, swallowing, twisting, rolling, punching, and kicking!

Things I miss most: Nothing- waited too long for this :)

Things I am looking forward to:

Getting to see my little boy again on ultrasound in a week and a half! Going in at a little over 19 weeks to do his anatomy scan. I am a nervous wreck as usual wanting him to be healthy but am thrilled to see his cute little face and see how he has changed in the past month!

Symptoms: Was still dealing with vomiting and dehydration pretty bad at the beginning of the week- lost 5 pounds in the mix of all this and now back to gaining. Feeling SO much better now!!! Dealing with just gagging a few times a day- and headaches that are still not nearly as severe as last week. Still having crazy VIVID dreams- so strange to remember 2 or 3 different dreams when you wake up the next morning. Still 4 pounds under where I started the pregnancy at, but I have a feeling that’s gonna change really quick here. J

Cravings: Grapefruit and sugary cereals this week. Still craving pickles…mmm mmmm

P.S THANK you for all the texts, emails, and responses on the baby sling. I have a good friend who is going to make me a homemade “Moby Wrap” from a tutorial she found and another friend letting me try out one she didn’t use with her baby. I appreciate ALL the help!


AND a belly shot for the week. Jonny said the shirt is taking away from the belly so I was brave and did one without. Don't let the white belly scare you...tanning hasn't been my top priority as of late. :)





Other than that I have just been doing some random shopping around and starting a few projects for his room. PRETTY sure we are sticking to our original plan of the gray and blue and still pretty sure his name is Declan. Jonny wants to change the spelling now to Deklin so people pronounce it right- just unsure if it looks to girlie with a "k." Hope everyone is having a fantastic start to the new year!

3 comments:

  1. You are too cute! This is the first picture that I will even agree you can see a belly. ;) this is when it gets fun, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the belly pic! Those are my favorite! You look great! Am I pronouncing it wrong saying -Deck-lan? How are you hoping to have it pronounced? I think the name is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, you look so cute! I hope the nausea keeps getting better. I love pickles too =)

    ReplyDelete