Family Blog

www.jonnyandbrittany.blogspot.com

Favorites

Powered by Blogger.
I'm a Mormon.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Positive Affirmations/ Visualization

  • Every Cell in my body vibrates with energy and health
  • Loving myself heals my life. I nourish my mind, body and soul
  • My body heals quickly and easily
  • I am at peace
  • I trust in the process of life
  • Life is a joy filled with delightful surprises
  • My life is a joy filled with love, fun and friendship all I need do is stop all criticism, forgive, relax and be open.
  • I choose love, joy and freedom, open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow into my life.

I am trying to use positive affirmations daily to help get rid of all the negative in my life. Positive affirmations DO WORK! If you want to read more about creating your own go HERE. I found these affirmations above on this site and it explains how they work and why. Everyone uses affirmations on a daily basis- they may just not be positive.

"It has been demonstrated that nearly 90% of our thoughts are negative, no wonder we find ourselves struggling. Each negative thought or word is a negative affirmation and these nasty little beasts can be even more powerful than positive affirmations because we often find them easier to accept. It is these negative thoughts that feed and validate our negative internal beliefs. Under this kind of negative bombardment most people simply do not have the strength to break free of their negative thoughts and become hopelessly locked into their own (usually false) negative beliefs.

Positive affirmations are designed to challenge those negative beliefs and start to stem the flow of negative thoughts and words that seek to validate them. Affirmations are more than just repeating words. It is a whole process of becoming aware of your thoughts and words in everyday life, choosing to think and project happy positive thoughts. The more you can consciously inject the spirit of you affirmations into your daily thoughts and words, the quicker they will work for you."

Good stuff right?? I don't think we even realize how negative self talk can affect us. We are our own worst critics- that's for sure. It may sound a little weird the first time you say them - but it's so worth it! It's so easy to get caught up in all that negative self talk. I am struggling a bit with the visualization aspect but am trying. You can go HERE to read about that. Thought I would share for those of you who are interested. :) Got my blood work done this morning with the Doctor- and am excited to see how things are progressing at my ultra sound tomorrow. Still didn't get much sleep last night but I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment